Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Carla Bakes Takes the Cake

Just had to take a minute to brag on Carla Walker from Carla Bakes. Last weekend I helped host my friend Angela's 30th birthday party. We went with a yellow and aqua color palette. So when I emailed Carla to make a cake, I sent her a couple pics from pinterest




and suggested yellow. She put this cake together beautifully, combining the styles I sent. It was perfect - and I haven't even mentioned how it tasted yet!




With shrimp and grits being made to order, a pinata to attack, a toast to give, and champagne to pour, we didn't get to cut into the cake until returning home from a night out downtown, topped off with a drag show at Pantheon. 

But oh, how good is cake at 2 am? 




Be sure to hit up Carla Bakes for your special events! Rumor has it you may be able to visit her bakery soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment