Monday, January 30, 2012

Jewelry Shopping

One of the reasons I began thinking about creating the Lowcountry Artist Market occurred in the summer of 2009, when I was planning my wedding.  I was searching for jewelry for my bridesmaids on Etsy.com and ran across a few necklaces and earrings that would be perfect - from Mu-Yin Jewelry.  

Pussy Willow Branch
Turns out the artist, Mollie Chen, lives here in Charleston.  So we met at Barnes & Noble and I left with 4 pieces of perfect jewelry.  I realized then that there should be a place for such talented folks to sell locally.  And in June of 2010, I held the first Lowcountry Artist Market.  So thank you, Mollie.  

Mu-Yin has been seen at a couple of the Markets, but here's what she's been up to lately.  Her jewelry is perfect for weddings - or everyday use.  Upon posting this, I realized several pieces will be added to my "My Birthday/Our Anniversay/Christmas are coming up" pinterest page.  Happy online shopping:

Gardenia Blossom
Everyday Classic
Trinity Open Band
Mu-Yin Jewelry specializes in custom wire wrapped jewelry made with high quality colorful freshwater pearls and natural gemstones. All items are made to order to fit customers’ size, be it a ring, necklace, or bracelet. While Designer Mu-Yin Mollie Chen received professional training in various art areas including literature, fine art and classical music, her wire wrapping skills are completely self-taught. A huge fan of handcrafted jewelry herself, one of Mu-Yin’s goals is to provide the general public trendy and well-made handcrafted jewelry without the high price tag. Many designs are limited editions featuring rare colored freshwater pearls and natural gemstones collected by the designer from all over the world. 

Mu-Yin’s Designs are noted for their vibrant colors, often simple yet meticulous construction and the delicate balance between the wire and pearls/gemstones. They are girly, sweet, sexy and easy to wear. Mu-Yin’s Designs are never overwhelming — they are simply addictive as that chocolate which makes you want to have one after another!

subscribe to my newsletter on my blog!-

http://blog.muyinjewelry.com 

Two Peas in a Pod
Tiny Bow Rings
Hopefully Mu-Yin will be returning to one of the Lowcountry Artist Markets this year.  Although I personally may not be able to wait that long for the Tiny Bow rings!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the mention, Kristen!
    For those of you who are interested in seeing my jewelry in person, a few of my designs can also be seen at Four Green Fields Gallery and Gifts in Summerville. :)

    -mollie

    ReplyDelete