Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rosettes

One of my resolutions was to create more this year, so I've spent a bit of time looking for things I could make - things that don't require I purchase a vast amount of supplies or spend hours on them.  Starting small.  In my searching, I've noticed a trend - rosettes.  These things are everywhere and used in so many ways!  So here is my attempt at creating them.  

Basic directions:  Find a book you don't care about anymore - you're going to need the pages.  You'll need to cut the top off to make a square out of each page.  Then draw a spiral taking up the entire square.





Starting from the edge of the page, cut along the spiral you drew.





Again, starting from the edge of the paper, roll the pages toward the center.  How tight or loose is up to you.  Mine actually loosened up quite a bit as I was securing them with hot glue.  Which is the last step - just dab some hot glue on the circle left at the end, press your rosette down and voila!





Some are prettier than others.  But my plan is to eventually have enough to make the wreath below, so a individual not-so-pretty guys won't be noticed.

Source
It's going to be fairly time consuming.  But here are a few of the things I can do from here:

Source
Source
Change up what you use - ribbon, fabric, paper, felt, etc - to create a variety of things.  Jewelry, decoration, gift wrap, centerpieces - so much!  You can also change the edges of the material for additional styles.


Source
Source
Source
I love these paper ones.  Would be perfect for a wedding - and could save you quite a bit.

Source
Feel free to post your own rosette inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment