Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bead Who You Are Jewelry

Thanks to Meg Trott-McConnell from Bead Who You Are Jewelry for this guest post.  

Meg started Bead Who You Are over five years ago and has been creating one-of-a-kind, handmade jewelry ever since.  Using sterling silver, semi-precious gemstones, pearls, wood and glass, Bead Who You Are is not to be missed!



Only a few weeks until the holiday Artist Market, and I can hardly wait! After seeing outstanding indie craft shows in NYC, Portland, and Raleigh, I was thrilled when Kristen started the Market in Charleston last year. It feels like we're finally on the map! It has been an amazing venue for artists to connect and for many of us to finally interact with our customers face-to-face. I love literally seeing Etsy come to life every few months and being able to put faces with each shop.




I've been making jewelry for over five years now, and am always looking for new inspiration. Sterling silver, gold, glass, and semi-precious stones are staples, but it's always fun coming up with ways to incorporate less traditional materials like applique, feathers, copper, and wood into a necklace or pair of earrings. I design pretty, unique, affordable pieces that reflect the individual's personality (hence the shop name "Bead Who You Are") and make great gifts. There's nothing cooler than seeing someone confidently wearing something I've made, whether it's a bride on her big day, or a returning customer at the Market. I hope you'll swing by and say hi next month at the show, or visit me online at www.BeadWhoYouAre.com to see more of my work. Thanks for shopping local!  

- Meg Trott-McConnell, Bead Who You Are


Don't miss Bead Who You Are at the Lowcountry Artist Market on November 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment